A TEACHER DIARY "HOW TO HANDLE THE STUDENTS' QUESTIONS"
It is 2019 already wkwk and it will be my very first post this year *😂 I am superrrrrrrr excited!
Well, as a teacher, I couldn't escape from the condition where the students ask me many questions and there will be a moment I don't have any idea about it. The students generally, they think that the teachers know everything and sometimes we also don't want to be seen as a people who didn't know everything. What a perfect combination, isn't it? 😂
As long as you are a human being, no matter what your profession is, especially a teacher, you can't avoid "ignorance". So, how to handle the students' question?
1. First, if you don't know the answer, say so. Most of us are trying so hard to answer all the questions. I personally will say "sorry, I don't know the answer and I will try to find it for you". I think it will be better than force yourself to answer everything until it might give an inappropriate answer and make it up a little. It will feel heavy because it might reduce our credibility, but over time it will be much more relief. At first, some students often say: "how can a teacher didn't know all the answers" and I give an explanation to them; "teaching means learning twice, the teachers are also learners, just because I am a teacher, it doesn't mean I know everything, and I feel better for being honest than giving a wrong answer to you" they understand really well and of course they agree with my words.
2. If I doubt my answer, I will answer it first and then say "wait a minute, I will confirm my answer first because I am a little hesitant". Being honest won't hurt you. Educating is not only about worldly affairs but also concerns the afterlife. Do not let us teach the wrong thing, then students apply it and then teach it again and so on, then, of course, the sin due to their mistakes will be our responsibility.
3. If the students ask simple questions, for example, the translation of a word or sentence, do not immediately give them an answer. Once in a while, ask them to search for themselves first. It will help the students to be more active and independent.
--
For more explanation and tips related to handling question and answer, you may check this YouTube video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JDhV-5ccIU
--
May this article will be helpful for you guys. Have a nice try. Thank you!
Comments
Post a Comment